I see.   Then if we kept all email, browsers, address books
etc. out of the Windows layer, then we should be fairly
immune?

Bob

Frankie wrote:
No...

A virus is just a program like any other..

If you are running win98 inside linux, and windows runs a
virus, it can do anything it could do if windows was running
on its own.

The only difference is that it can't trash your linux
install.
can still trash the windows install though..

As I said, a virus is a program, and if a program couldn't
run
in win4lin windows it would be useless...

regards

Franki
http://htmlfixit.com