You can mount non-Win4Lin directories as drives in Win4Lin so that files
are available to both Win4Lin, Linux, and/or dual-boot systems. I do
that so that my data drive is available to Linux, Win4Lin, and XP which
I dual-boot to on occasion to play games. (Win4Lin makes a default drive
D: Mydata that is just a folder in your Linux home directory called
mydata.)

If you ran some virus code in Win4Lin that wiped drives or destroyed
data randomly, your data from on the mounted filesystems would be at
risk.

But yes, the best thing to do to minimize such risk is perform all
e-mail and Internet activity on the Linux side.

Miark