drew martin wrote:

Hi All,
How do I turn off Xsever?So I can install some new video driver.I have tied everything I can think off.
I'm running MDK 9.1,I've work out how to get to the folder in a Terminal,bu keep getting the error message"you apper to be running a X sever please,turn off".
The drivers are the new Nvidia ones for my TNT2
Drew

In a console, logged in as root, type:

telinit 3

That will stop X.

Once you are done installing the video drivers:

telinit 5

That's what I do anyway. It works for me.

--
Brant Fitzsimmons
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

                -George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman (1903)
                "Maxims for Revolutionists"