drew martin wrote:

Hi All,
How do I turn off Xsever?So I can install some new video driver.I have tied everything I can think off.
I'm running MDK 9.1,I've work out how to get to the folder in a Terminal,bu keep getting the error message"you apper to be running a X sever please,turn off".
The drivers are the new Nvidia ones for my TNT2
Drew

Drew,

On a xterm,konsole,etc. do an init 3 as root. This will take you to a place without an X server running, and you can do everything command.-line. When finished do an init 5 (if I remeber correctly).

Best of luck,
--

*Eduardo Silva*
Wireless Network Engineer