On Wed, 2003-07-23 at 23:00, Cornerstone Community Farm wrote:
> Carroll, You MISSED the point!
> The point is in the course of REAL life, with real people
> (versus robots or machines), issues involving philosophy and other non-list
> discussions come up.  (boats, beer, politics, you name it)
> It seems odd to me that you could miss such an obvious point, as just the fact
> that OT topics come up on a "newbie" list shows we are dealing with real
> people, not robots:)
> Keith

In most businesses these days, "worker bees" have certian rules
regarding wasting company time with personal business including phone
time.
while you may not like considering yourself a robot, for the most part,
our creative side must be controlled and our "robot" (or working) sides
used. _This_ list ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) is run for business
purpose's, and while almost no business would chase a customer that was
chatting in the lobby (or hanging out in the OT lists) away, they might
escort him to a different area than the welding production area of the
manufacturing portion of plant (the equivalent of cooker, and to a less
extent all the lists [EMAIL PROTECTED], imho).