ed tharp wrote:
On Wed, 2003-07-23 at 09:40, Stephen Kuhn wrote:

On Wed, 2003-07-23 at 19:50, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

what do i add to /etc/fstab to automount samba shares on boot ? user/pass/domain required

Instead of doing it in the /etc/fstab - why not create a script that you can call from the /etc/rc.d/rc.local - so that if the network is hosed up, it ain't going to muck up your system or drag down performance...?

(Really easy to export a mountscript from LinNeighborhood - ya don't
need to know anything at all - it does it for ya) Just FYI

man I wanted to see how long before he complained that if the windows box was hosed, he could not reboot into linux, that it hung right after starting eth0.

You're evil ;-)

I discovered the joys of rc relatively recently, when I used it for my dialup connection. Has the advantage that you can trash X and stay online, not to mention not having to fiddle with Kppp.

Sir Robin

-- "A strategy is still being formulated."

Robin Turner
IDMYO
Bilkent Univeritesi
Ankara 06533