On Friday 01 Aug 2003 4:18 pm, Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Friday 01 Aug 2003 4:59 pm, John Richard Smith wrote:
> > I do not think so, I think Anne Wilson has an epson 1260, it might
> > be worth askking how she gets on, but I suspect it may be a driver
> > selection and configuration problem to sort out.
>
> Sorry - can't help.  I have a 1650, not 1260, and don't have the
> transparency scanner add-on.
>
> Do you get a recognisable picture that you could reverse in Gimp?  Or
> does it not woak at all?  Sorry, I haven't been following the thread.

Thanks the the good input, people. The info on the Sane site seems to
indicate that the 1260 is not compatible with the normal Epson driver,
although that may be old. It seems to be refering to a third party
sourced Epson driver, but now Epson seems to have decided to support
Linux and supply drivers itself. The driver you are all using does
appear to be the one from Epson, right? But this incompatibility may
still be affecting the usability of the 1260 with film.
At the moment I'm thinking of forgetting the 1260 and going for the 2400
(2450 appears to no longer be a current product,) or 1660. I'll let you
all know how I get on.

--
Richard Urwin