On Saturday 02 August 2003 01:14 pm, Carter Harris wrote:
> I purchased the PowerPack Edition from MandrakeStore for 9.1.  I
> installed a bare bones system thinking I would add only the things I
> needed later.  I added apache and mysql using the control center/add
> packages and they both are working fine.  Now I want to add Webmin but
> it does not show up in the package list.
>
> I found it on CD2 and I know I can copy it and install it using urpmi
> but I being stubborn and I want to do it my way (guess that's why I'm
> using linux).  How do I go about adding contents of other CDs to the
> contents of RPMDrake so the packages show up on the list of available
> packages?
>
> I have googled and checked out the 9.1 documentation and if it's there
> I've missed it.
>
> Your help is appreciated.
>
> Carter
Carter, if it does not show up on the add packages list in MCC then it
probably is already installed. Take a look in MCC at software management
remove packages and in the search box type webmin.  If webmin package shows
up you have it installed. Easier yet is type in a terminal "slocate webmin".
You may have to do that as su if you have not added that to your users'
groups.  If you have it you can access it by opening a webbrowser and typing
in https://localhost:10000/ then give root and root password and it will log
you in.
--
Dennis M. linux user #180842