>"Once a jolly swagman camped by a billabong..." yadda yadda yadda...
>"...up jumped a jumbuck and jumped into his tuckerbag..."

I think I understand now! I didn't really believe it until now, but I guess it's true!
I saw this kind of thing happen on Star Trek - TNG once. Remember the episode where
Captain Picard was on a planet with an alien where they both spoke English, but they
couldn't understand each other? The other guy spoke in phrases that never made sense!
Things like "His arms open", or "Jilahd - on an island". None of it made sense to
Jean-Luc at all. I think I understand the roots of Australian now! Only difference was
that the alien spoke with an American accent! Always wondered about that.

Thing is,...I'm not sure I want to understand your quotation !

Yech! Grin!

Lanman