Στις Δευ 11 Αυγ 2003 04:06, ο/η Lyvim Xaphir έγραψε:
> On Sun, 2003-08-10 at 13:26, David E. Fox wrote:

  The
> clockspeed == performance propaganda has been one of the greatest lies
> foisted on the gullible computer user public that I've seen.

I am tired to read from many people the there is only one way propaganda
between two companies. They are COMPANIES , they want to make money, they
want to take over the market in their field. There is no such thing like a
huge monster (Intel) that tries to destroy the little neighbour (AMD). They
are really huge companies. They both fight with good and bad means each other
for more money.
you said about the "clockspeed==performance" propaganda. Is there any
propagandistic content in the "less clockspeed than the real one" in AMD XP
series?
Generally I think that no one must be in the side of one and only one company
in this argument between the two. Both have made great progress in CPU
production. Sometimes one is the better solution ( northwood vs XP )
sometimes the other (AMD64 vs Itanium).

sorry for my english
Friendly,
 Manolis