I personally think that anyone buying Intel CPU's are nuts...

You pay at least 40% more usually, and for office apps, they are marginally
slower then the much cheaper AMD..

Of course your upside is that you will get a bit faster framerate running
Quake3 with the Intel, but since both are totally playable and most of the
work is getting shifted to the GPU (graphics card) nowdays.. the difference
is less and less.

Go with AMD to save money ahead of any other reason, but since you mention
it, Intel have shown themselves to be very M$ friendly.. much more so then
AMD I think.

I will never buy another intel machine.. I don't believe in paying more
just for the name.. I want the job done as cheaply as possible..

As for the SCO thing, to hell with them, if you didn't see a license
agreement with non GPL terms in it.. you are fine.. and since unitedlinux
had all sorts of stipulations in it, I suspect SCO would have been shot
down had they tried to introduce anything non GPl into their license.

rgds

Franki