On Sunday 10 August 2003 01:43 pm, Frankie wrote:
> I personally think that anyone buying Intel CPU's are nuts...
>
> You pay at least 40% more usually, and for office apps, they are marginally
> slower then the much cheaper AMD..
>
> Of course your upside is that you will get a bit faster framerate running
> Quake3 with the Intel, but since both are totally playable and most of the
> work is getting shifted to the GPU (graphics card) nowdays.. the difference
> is less and less.
>
> Go with AMD to save money ahead of any other reason, but since you mention
> it, Intel have shown themselves to be very M$ friendly.. much more so then
> AMD I think.
>
> I will never buy another intel machine.. I don't believe in paying more
> just for the name.. I want the job done as cheaply as possible..
>
> As for the SCO thing, to hell with them, if you didn't see a license
> agreement with non GPL terms in it.. you are fine.. and since unitedlinux
> had all sorts of stipulations in it, I suspect SCO would have been shot
> down had they tried to introduce anything non GPl into their license.
>

> rgds
>
> Franki

But, but bbut, intel's run cooler.  Course my AMDs may be a tad hotter but I
don't have a problem with them slowing down or dropping out as long as I keep
the fans fanning. :  )   No intels here. Not being a snob about it, I just
have a hard time spending the extra dollars for something when I can get just
as satisfactory a product for less.  AMD is in all my computers.
--
Dennis M. linux user #180842