Get cheep broadband ;)

My exchange gets enabled on the 3rd of September and it's as cheep as freephone dial up.

Going back to your question no these have nothing to do with mozilla but are far mor elikely due to the heat.

I'm in Edinburgh and it's still roasting here so much so that I was getting graphical errors in Windows.

What isp are you with anyway and what time were you connecting at?

Mike

John Richard Smith wrote:

I have a Tetex version of Mozilla 1.4 installed.

I also installed some security packages.
not sure if these are they, but included,

mozilla-dom-inspector-1.4-1mdk.i586.rpm
mozilla-enigmail-1.4-1mdk.i586.rpm
mozilla-enigmime-1.4-1mdk.i586.rpm
mozillafirebird-0.6-3tex.i586.rpm
mozilla-irc-1.4-1mdk.i586.rpm
mozplugger-1.3.0-1tex.i586.rpm

I now have a tab called enigmail.

OK so there are new security features.

Question ,
Is it possible that any of these new security feature might cause
difficulties logging on, and when on, cause the line to be dropped
by my ISP.

I'm not terribly convinced of this but I'm currently in discussions
with my ISP because of the service I'm not getting.

Now bear in mind here in Britain we are going through a heat wave
right now, with daily temperatures 36-38 C or 98-100F, and indeed
I'm currently struggling to keep my equipement opperational in these
unusual temperatures in a room reaching this afternoon of 106F.

My modem is getting hot, and I've removed the plastic casing and
positioned a 8CM case fan over it to cool things down a bit.

here is a typical connection script

ATZ
OK
AT &F1 &V1
TERMINATION REASON.......... NONE
LAST TX rate................ N/A
HIGHEST TX rate............. 300 BPS
LAST RX rate................ N/A
HIGHEST RX rate............. 300 BPS
PROTOCOL.................... N/A
COMPRESSION................. N/A
Line QUALITY................ 255
Rx LEVEL.................... 215
Highest Rx State............ 00
Highest TX State............ 00
EQM Sum..................... FFFF
RBS Pattern................. FF
Rate Drop................... FF
Digital Loss................ None
Local Rtrn Count............ 00
Remote Rtrn Count........... 00
Flex fail

OK
ATM0L0
OK
ATDT147008089933265
CONNECT 57600

NO CARRIER

I've been ticked off by my ISP for setting my KPPP dialer
speed to 115200, though I would of thought it didn't matter.
So I've reset it to 57600 , for all the difference it makes.

What is people's oppinion could the new Mozilla security cause
my ISP to drop my line connection, and make connection
difficult in the first place. What is the likelyhood of the problem being
the modem, and how much of the problem is due to lousy ISP equipement
facilities ?

Any opinions ?

John