On 14 Aug 2003 21:30:35 -0600
Heather/Femme <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> uttered:

>  Its not the impregnable fortress

That wasn't really the nature of the argument. The fact is it is
*trivial* to break Windows, it will *never* be trivial to break *nix, as
long as the Open Source model is preserved.

There *is* a fundamental difference, as has been pointed out above quite
eloquently by more technically advanced peeps than I. *nix is built
from the ground up to be secure, and always will be. Windows is built
from the ground up to be...well, I am not really sure.

Market share really will have very little effect, black hats hack
Windows because it's easy, not because it's prevalent. For example, most
web servers on the planet are not Windows web servers, but the most
common attacks are on Windows web servers.