On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 18:08:40 -0700 (PDT)
[EMAIL PROTECTED] (David E. Fox) uttered:

> Ironically, that's what MS and the Federal
> Government want, albeit for different reasons (marketing & anti-piracy
> in the latter, political freedom with the former).

Ummm, against my better judgement...

Seriously, and with all due respect, the Federal Government would not
want backdoors in MS software, or any other software, for "political
freedom"...they want it to track the activities of "undesirables", ie.
people exercising their rights to freedom of speech, association, and
the like. Backdoors are a Bad Thing, no matter who puts them in.

*My* computer is *my* computer, damned be he who tries to corrupt it
against my will and without my knowledge. There *is* no excuse for a
government spying on it's citizens without due process of law, at the
very least, and in my case no excuse at all. It is totalitarianism.