The very same source code that would be a threat to National Security if
it were to be open to public review --as testified by MS under penalty
of perjury.

--
Brant Fitzsimmons
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Franki:

I have always found it odd that M$ say releasing windows src code would be
a huge breach of security..
and yet linux, which generally has a far better security record is
available for all to see..

One of the other things I find the M$ fans saying is that linux has almost
as many security patches as winblows.
Thats a deceptive statement.

The word "linux" in general terms covers ahellofalot more software then the
term "windows"
If you were to compare the core "linux" minus apps and servers, to the core
windows.. windows has more then 20 times the security patches that have
been released for the linux core.

And thats comparing a "safe" closed OS with an open to all Open Source OS..
(Also, most of the linux patches are released when a programmer or
developer notices a problem with his or someone elses code, in other words,
preemptive fixes.. in the winblows world, the patchs are provided ususally
after the threat has been made public.

makes for intesting thought..

Gee, microsnot appear to be lying... what a surprise..  :-)
Sounds allot more like financial reasons then security reasons dontcha
think?

regards

Franki