On Fri, 2003-08-22 at 10:10, John Richard Smith wrote:
> OK, so this is an offer from a UK supplier and I asked them what
> resolution is it capable of. They replied,
>
> Its native resolution is 1280 x 1024. It'll go higher with interpolation
> but the image quality suffers. TFTs aren't like CRTs in that respect
> because the screen is constructed from a grid of pixels of dimensions
> 1280 x 1024.
>
> So this means in effect the best resolution is 1280 x 1024, right ?
>
> Well that is what I'm used to, and the price is right, though I would dearly of
> liked a 19" for the same money.
>
> Question ,
>

> How much would you have to pay in the states for a 19" flat screen with at least
> 1280 x 1024 resolution and is that the same in reality as a regular CRT monitor of
> the same resolution ?
>
> Who has the experience to say ?
> because I don't.
>
> John

I have a 17" TFT screen.  Its great..and keep in mind a 17" is
equivalnet to an 18" CRT.  NOt sure why has somethign to do witht eh way
the bezel lines up the screen...Just don't expect to game with it.

and a 19" in canada is still pricy.. I paid $500 on sale at Xmas last
year for this one.. the TFT came in @ about $500 too.

So they are still expensive either way...but and LCD is brighter &
smaller.. so its really your choice there.  But native resolution means
that it can't go higher w/out looking like shit. Or lower for that
matter.  Which kinda sucks for some stuff like games & certain apps
(Gimp for example if you want to run it higher).

Femme