--- John Richard Smith
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> OK, so this is an offer from a UK supplier and I
> asked them what
> resolution is it capable of. They replied,
>
> Its native resolution is 1280 x 1024. It'll go
> higher with interpolation
> but the image quality suffers. TFTs aren't like CRTs
> in that respect
> because the screen is constructed from a grid of
> pixels of dimensions
> 1280 x 1024.
>
> So this means in effect the best resolution is 1280
> x 1024, right ?
>
> Well that is what I'm used to, and the price is
> right, though I would dearly of liked a 19" for the
> same money.
>
> Question ,
>

> How much would you have to pay in the states for a
> 19" flat screen with at least 1280 x 1024 resolution
> and is that the same in reality as a regular CRT
> monitor of the same resolution ?
>
> Who has the experience to say ?
> because I don't.
>
> John

     I am currently looking for a monitor myself and I
have been using ebay (www.ebay.com).  Found that I
just mught be able to get about 2" larger thatn I
would have otherwise been able to afford.
     Also, the reviews on www.zdnet.com can give you a
general feel for how a particular manufacter's product
is going to behave for you.  It can be hard to get a
review for the particular model you are interested in,
but manufactureers tend to stick to certain styles and
assumptions when they make things.