Stephen Kuhn wrote:

On Sun, 2003-08-24 at 05:38, Tom Brinkman wrote:

FWIW, I wouldn't buy one on specs. You need to see it in a store's showroom. Then get the model number an buy it online after checking for Linux compatibility and performance. The one's you see in a store are runnin Winsux. Same for online reviews.

That's why having a Knoppix CD is so handy - boot the "showroom" box
with the Knoppix CD (if you can convince the sales simian that it ain't
going to muck up the box); then you can see the resolution(s) and the
likes...great way for telling if a box is going to give you problems as
well...(or for doing forensic research on a box) (grin)

You know that is a very good idea, I've got a knoppix Cd as well , so I might try that .

John

--
John Richard Smith
[EMAIL PROTECTED]