ftp://ftp.club-internet.fr/pub/unix/linux/distributions/Mandrake-devel/cooker/i586/Mandrake/RPMS/initscripts-7.06-19mdk.i586.rpm

ftp://ftp.club-internet.fr/pub/unix/linux/distributions/Mandrake-devel/cooker/i586/Mandrake/RPMS2/kernel-tmb-2.4.22.0.5.2tmb_mdk-1-1mdk.i586.rpm

ftp://ftp.club-internet.fr/pub/unix/linux/distributions/Mandrake-devel/cooker/i586/Mandrake/RPMS2/kernel-tmb-source-2.4.22-0.5.2tmb_mdk.i586.rpm

is the source really necessary? I have no idea how big these downloads are so I don't dare do it yet :P

18 Megs for the kernel and 40Megs for the source. The source isn't necessary.

I think that's the low latancy patch. Which this kernel includes. Hence why these kernels (eventually) become the Multimedia ones.

woow!! Yes ... so you're saying this contains the low latency thing? YEY! I'm all into Multimedia. Got any idea if Mandrake 9.2 will include anything like this (a kernel with this support)?

The multimedia kernel is included in mandrake. It's basically an old version of the tmb kernel. If you ask the author nicly he'll aply patches to the kernel that will help get your hardware working

For me it was the latest DVB software for my Digital TV card and the Bluetooth patch.

Let me know how you get on

thanks a LOT!!
I wish I could do urpmi some package and instead of it downloading it would just give me an exact list (maybe in a file) of neat addresses like you gave me so I could download anything like that:)
so after downloading & installing these I should be set an the only thing I'd have to do is select a different thing at boot time and nothing else in Linux would change? Wow!
Now I'm afraid these packages will require a lot of dependencies ... in order to find that out I'd like to do something like 'urpmi kernel-tmb' .. but don't know exactly what to write as there is no 'kernel-tmb' package :P

Download the files (the first 2) then type in urpmi <exact file name> for each one. I'm going to send you kernel-utils hitch is 17k as I can't seem to find it at the moment.

All the dependancies for the kernel are in kernel utils.

That's it.

Mike