On Monday 01 September 2003 05:49 am, John Richard Smith wrote:

> If you have both Aumix and Kmix turned right up full and have set them
> as such as default settings, maybe you need to look at gmplayer itself,
> there are a number of audio driver settings in preferences, if that does
> not work, then I would suspect you need better versions of lame. Mplayer
> is a very demanding programme, a hell of a lot of resource goes into
> playing moving pictures, some sound drivers may not work well with
> mplayer. I installed Ralph Slooten's,  lame-20030216cvs-1mdk.i586.rpm
> from his website.
>
> One last thought maybe you have aRts enabled ?  in MCC
>
> John

as far as i can see i don't have arts on here.  i checked for services running
and it's not listed, i went to the uninstall software option and looked for
it and didn't see it, and in a terminal asked 'which arts' and it says there
are "no arts in" and lists locations.  did i miss anywhere to check?

i've done the aumix and kmix volumes and it doesn't help.  i've tried
different audio drivers in mplayer and from what i've seen only one works
with my sound card.  i tried quite a few different ones already though.

what is lame for?

Mike