On Tue, 2 Sep 2003 10:37:44 -0500
Tom Brinkman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>    Because Civileme told me too ;)  If you don't know, Civileme was
> a Mandrake employee who use to be a regular on this list. His job
> was QA, and as part of that he did extensive file system testing.
> He recommended XFS or ReiserFS, but cautioned that /boot should be
> on an ext3 partition.  I never did understand exactly why tho, I
> just trusted his advice.

That advise is now out-dated as it applies to ReiserFS.
It is now perfectly safe and acceptable for /boot to be ReiserFS.
I have 6 systems all partitioned fully as ReiserFS and have never
encountered any problem as related to the fs.

In the case of XFS, ext2 or 3 should still be used for /boot.

    Charles

--
You will pay for your sins.  If you have already paid, please disregard
this message.