Paul wrote:

The vote on software patents in Europe has been deferred until 22nd
September following the protests over the past week. It had already been
put back from June because of MEPs' doubts.

http://news.zdnet.co.uk/business/legal/0,39020651,39116053,00.htm

From that article:

"Software patents have been likened to allowing a monopoly on the ideas behind stories, "

Dammit, _I_ thought of that one first! Several years ago, I said that software patents were like someone writing a detective story, then patenting the idea that the butler did it. This is _my_ intellectual property, and I'm going to sue everybody to protect it!

Sir Robin

--
"There are other rules, but you'll find out what those are when you break them."
- Blake's 7

Robin Turner
IDMYO
Bilkent Univeritesi