Anarky wrote:

Hi .. I'm trying to gather as many cool games as I can under Linux .. I know we can't really compete with comercial windows games .. but still I'd like to have as many games as possible that I can be proud of in Linux. thus far the Linux games I am proud to have are:

Transfusion, Chromium, Frozen Bubble, Tux Racer, Clanbomber, Armagetron

Yes I know there are many many many games out there .. but I'm looking for non-card games, non-(mainly)mind-games(with poor graphics) ... please help me build up my repertoire of cool Linux games (let's try to avoid comercial ones).

I got addicted to xkobo for a while - very nice nostalgic space shoot-em-up. There's also a nice game called Vegastrike. It's a bit glitchy on some hardware (e.g. mine), but it has great potential - it's basically Elite with better graphics. And of course there's Doom and Quake!

It's a shame Loki died. I spent many happy hours with their demo of Railroad Tycoon.

Sir Robin

--
"There are other rules, but you'll find out what those are when you break them."
- Blake's 7

Robin Turner
IDMYO
Bilkent Univeritesi