From: Anarky [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, September 05, 2003 3:56 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [newbie] cool games?

robin wrote:

> Anarky wrote:
>
>>    Hi .. I'm trying to gather as many cool games as
I can under Linux
>> .. I know we can't really compete with comercial
windows games .. but
>> still I'd like to have as many games as possible
that I can be proud
>> of in Linux. thus far the Linux games I am proud to
have are:

>>      Transfusion, Chromium, Frozen Bubble, Tux
Racer, Clanbomber,
>> Armagetron
>>
>>       Yes I know there are many many many games out
there .. but I'm
>> looking for non-card games,
non-(mainly)mind-games(with poor
>> graphics) ... please help me build up my repertoire
of cool Linux
>> games (let's try to avoid comercial ones).
>>

> I got addicted to xkobo for a while - very nice
nostalgic space
> shoot-em-up.  There's also a nice  game called
Vegastrike.  It's a bit
> glitchy on some hardware (e.g. mine), but it has
great potential -
> it's basically Elite with better graphics.  And of
course there's Doom
> and Quake!
>
> It's a shame Loki died.  I spent many happy hours
with their demo of
> Railroad Tycoon.

will somebody plz tell me or point me to an article to
the story of this
Loki thing ... I find it .. looks great .. seems like
a Linux publishing
company .. and then I hear it's dead ... what .. where
.. what exactly
did it do?

. where .. what exactly
did it do?