----- Original Message -----
From: Gustavo Viola <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, October 12, 1999 11:29 AM
Subject: [newbie] EZ-drive

>>Is it possible to have a drive with EZ-Drive with *both* Windows and
Linux?
>>Windows needs EZ-Drive, and the EZ-Drive documentation said Linux
(or Unix)
>>could not run over it.  Any way I can enable EZ-Drive for Windows
and disable
>>it for Linux?
>>
>>(*Perhaps* a more adequate phrasing for this question would be:
Does LiLo load
>>before EZ-Drive and can it make EZ-Drive run only for Windows?)
>>
>>Thanks,
>>/Gustavo.

Boot
> from a floppy or try loadlin
>
> --
> MandrakeSoft          http://www.mandrakesoft.com/
>                                         --Axalon

Axalon hit it on the nose (mostly).  Ez-BIOS loads itself in the MBR
of each drive on your system.  I tried to put LILO on my system and
went through hell to get EZ-Drive to reinstall for the sake of
Windows.  Don't even try all of that, just use a bootdisk.  All you
have to do when the system boots is wait for the EZ-Drive dialog to
appear before Windows loads, and press CTRL, then it will tell you to
either press A to boot from the floppy drive, or C to boot from the
harddrive; that is when you can insert your bootdisk, then press A,
and linux will boot from there.  It is possible to boot directly from
the bootdisk and skip all of that (I presume), but it is better to be
safe, right?

Manny Styles
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
----
Computers aren't smart, they only think they are.