On Sat, 2003-09-06 at 14:16, Frankie wrote:

> You can't really do that over here, you buy them from Dell direct, and you
> get it shipped to you, there is no way to test the machine at all before
> getting in.

You could always have gone to "Hardly Normal" and stuck a Knoppix CD
into one of the machines they've got around - or Tandy - or the Telstra
shop - or Domayne...I've done it - much to the consternation of the
sales staff (grin)...

> Besides, I don't care if I have to run framebuffer graphics, I will get
> linux on it.
>
> I am guessing that the nvidia installation will be the hardest part of the
> whole deal.

If doing the NVidia driver is going to be the hardest part, then you're
living on the buttered side of the toast, mate...

For me, it's always frigging MODEMS and SOUND CARDS...other than that,
I'm living on the buttered side of the toast...

stephen kuhn - owner
==============================
illawarra computer services
a kuhn media australia company
http://kma.0catch.com
And he climbed with the lad up the Eiffelberg Tower. "This," cried the
Mayor, "is your town's darkest hour! The time for all Whos who have
blood that is red to come to the aid of their country!" he said. "We've
GOT to make noises in greater amounts! So, open your mouth, lad! For
every voice counts!" Thus he spoke as he climbed. When they got to the
top, the lad cleared his throat and he shouted out, "YOPP!" And that
Yopp... That one last small, extra Yopp put it over! Finally, at last!
>From the speck on that clover their voices were heard! They rang out
clear and clean. And they elephant smiled. "Do you see what I mean?"
They've proved they ARE persons, no matter how small. And their whole
world was saved by the smallest of All!" "How true! Yes, how true," said
the big kangaroo. "And, from now on, you know what I'm planning to do?
>From now on, I'm going to protect them with you!" And the young kangaroo
in her pouch said, "ME TOO! From the sun in the summer. From rain when
it's fall-ish, I'm going to protect them. No matter how small-ish!" --
Dr. Seuss "Horton Hears a Who"