On Sun, 7 Sep 2003 13:55:21 +0100
"DrewMartin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> insightfully noted:

>Hi All,
>         Before this turns into a flame war between those of us how still
>use Windows to some degree(or are forced to for various reasons).
=================================
No need for a flame war, but I'd suggest that those who still, for whatever
reason, use some iteration Windows, try to avoid using the virus magnet known
as Outlook or Express.  There are numerous alternatives that will work on that
platform without the dangers to self and others imposed by Outlook usage.
================================
>        It is a well know fact that the script kiddies who write these
>insidious pieces of code only do so, because Windows is such a wide spread
>OS in the world out there.If/when Linux(or Macs) become the OS of choice for
>the world at large,then the will start writing viri for these OS's too.
>       Yes I do know for a virus to have full affect in Linux you must be
>running as root,but some clever bastard out there will one day work out how
>to rip thought that level of secretly.
That will likely involve quite a bit more skill than writing one for a
platform with little if any security built in, no??
Best,
Mike

--
"The man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30
years of his life"