just did an excited install of 9.2 rc1 ... but not on my computer, but somebody else' :

my opinions:

some interface changes:
- liked the blue startup new
- hated the fact that they insisted on a fade white to blue when they set it on so few colours that it doesn't look nice
- freezed every time I wanted to select a certain packaged from the detail packages (2 times, that is) .. I think it was something like GXedit ..
- still no preview of other styles for other WMs at the initial wizard
- freezed when I tried to install 'alsamixergui' package from the package installer (though urpmi alsamixergui worked)
- still no (easy, if any) way to handle 4 speakers for the sound card Sb Live 5.1
- still no direct working dialup (modem detected, but still although connecting it doesn't look like it's online to browsers)
- first I freaked out the nvidia installer said it had no drivers for this kernel .. but it turns out it knew how to compile stuff if it had the kernel source
- one time starting MC in an Eterm the F1-F12 keys didn't work .. hat to go with Esc-1 ....

well ... as it seems my initial impressions of 9.2 are far less than I had hoped for :-( ... I'm thinking I might not install it just yet on my computer ... and stick to 9.1 yet :-( ... actually I was so dissapointed by the sound card frustration that I considered going back to windows ... or searching for other hopefully smarter distros (low chance of anybody autodetecting more than Mandrake, right ... maybe SuSe) ... in other words .. evil thoughts ... please don't let me fall to the demons :)