On Tuesday 09 September 2003 11:18, John Richard Smith wrote:
> John

It all gets worse:

I installed this other OS (you know the evil one) just to check. This is
really getting tainted:o(

Same damn problem. The same DVD's aren't recognized....they just don't exist
i.e. will not load.

So either my DVD drive is going down the drain or 'm looking at some new kind
of encryption (like the one's on some music CD's) that prevent them from
running on PC's (nothing mentionned on the sleeves though).
Strange though that I could and have read them for a short while (one up on
linux).....so the drive is getting more obvious.

Just my luck: PC isn't M$ free anymore, can't read my new DVD's, hosed my good
old /home partition (that was another thread), grounded...and now I don't
trust my DVD drive anymore.

On the other hand: 9.2 (rc1 install being kept uptodate with cooker) is
running glitchless.
Well.....didn't get to make a proper bootfloppy using MCC. I had to do an
"upgrade" to get the lilo up and running again.

Good luck,
HarM