On Tuesday 09 September 2003 19:50, Michael Lothian wrote:
> OK start xine from the CLI and then when you press the dvd button have a
> look at the error message brings up
>
> Oh and just to check you have all the dvdread dvdnax and css stuff don't
> you?
>
> Mike

The only way to get proper error messages IS the CLI. It reads like I stated
with the crux: decss can't open MRL on dvd:
Can't mount the the damn thing either with "mount /mnt/cdrom".

Yup, all the stuf is installed. I can read most of my encrypted cd's like "the
Matrix", "Lord of the rings", "Final Fantasie","Jackie Chan" et all...just
not these 3 (2 of those I bought a few days ago and the 3rd one could indeed
be broken). Disturbing is that I could and have looked at those 2 new ones
and now cannot. Guhhh!

Like I said: "driving me nuts"......after flushing my head through the toilet
on the "expert" list I've now started biting the dog (the cat got away).

BTW I noticed a kernel (2.4.22-1mdk) message about "udf: iso9660" not being
supported, so I got rid of that(the udf: part). Now I can eject my cdrom
again using "eject cdrom"......some progress after all:o)

Good luck,
HarM