On Thursday 18 Sep 2003 12:29 pm, John Richard Smith wrote:

> I know if I wait long enough, you all start to agree with me, HP
> printers are not well supported in linux and do not work that well,
> as compared to epson and lexmark all of which I have have had one
> or more experience with one way or another.

I repeat - with one exception, around 3 years ago (when I was defeated
and temporarily gave up linux), I have used HP printers without any
problems whatsoever.  Mandrake has found them in every version from
8.0.  IIRC HP show clearly on their website which models are
supported.  That's how I chose my present one.

Anne
--
Registered Linux User No.293302