On Fri, 19 Sep 2003 19:20:44 +1000
Stephen Kuhn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
<snip>

> I think I did...
>
> stephen kuhn - owner

It's always good to know who to blame.

I installed the kernel source and the win2k install is going as I
hoped it would.  Never saw a 4g format go in 2 sec before.

I put it in fat32 because of the ntfs write thing.  It's first shot
practice anyway.

It is worth the buck and a half just to see ms trapped on my tux
box.

The point here is to get the office (8 win2k boxes) off of win2k,
but have 2k usable until the last two programs we still need are
replaceable.

I Notice I just had trouble when the setup tried to join the running
workgroup. Nope, works fine.  Just got in to the file server without
a hitch.

Wonder if I have to go through that whole dismal process with
drivers?  Took 6 hrs to put 2k on the laptop when I offed winxp.

Also, when I had install problems, I got the latest rpm from the
VMWare site and installed that.  Should I leave it now that I
understand the install or start over with the disk?  The real sn in
place of the demo # appears to be fine as is and nothing has said,
"Turns in to a pumpkin in thirty days."

Lee