On Sun, 2003-09-21 at 18:10, Sharrea Day wrote:
> On Sun, 21 Sep 2003 20:04, Stephen Kuhn wrote:
> > Three weeks ago the south-eastern coast of Australia was hit with winds
> > that blasted us in excess of 140kph - causing damage and panic, loss of
> > power and utilities, homes, a few lives - how come y'all don't hear a
> > damn thing about that back in Yankland? Not a one person mentioned
> > anything in the past three weeks about it...hmmm?
> >
> > Yet - the entire world has to know about a storm that hits the
> > US...strange that is, don't ya reckon?
>
> Yeah... an' the South Island, NZ got hit with 170kph winds just a few days
> ago an' notawordaboutit???
>
> Sharrea

We heard about it - then again, y'all purty much a state here anyways...

stephen kuhn - owner
==============================
illawarra computer services
a kuhn media australia company
http://kma.0catch.com
"Many have seen Topaxci, God of the Red Mushroom, and they earn the name
of shaman," he said. Some have seen Skelde, spirit of the smoke, and
they are called sorcerers. A few have been privileged to see Umcherrel,
the soul of the forest, and they are known as spirit masters. But none
have seen a box with hundreds of legs that looked at them without eyes,
and they are known as idio--" The interruption was caused by a sudden
screaming noise and a flurry of snow and sparks that blew the fire
across the dark hut; there was a brief blurred vision and then the
opposite wall was blasted aside and the apparition vanished. There was a
long silence. Then a slightly shorter silence. Then the old shaman said
carefully, "You didn't just see two men go through upside down on a
broomstick, shouting and screaming at each other, did you?" The boy
looked at him levelly. "Certainly not," he said. The old man heaved a
sigh of relief. "Thank goodness for that," he said. "Neither did I." --
Terry Pratchett, "The Light Fantastic"