Stephen Kuhn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Three weeks ago the south-eastern coast of Australia was hit with
> winds that blasted us in excess of 140kph - causing damage and
> panic, loss of power and utilities, homes, a few lives - how come
> y'all don't hear a damn thing about that back in Yankland? Not a
> one person mentioned anything in the past three weeks about
> it...hmmm?
>
> Yet - the entire world has to know about a storm that hits the
> US...strange that is, don't ya reckon?

Why is that? Is that because of a lot of US owned newscasts?  Why
does the rest of the world care so much about a hurrican in the US?
(or, i should say, why do the brodcast companies care so much?)

My Indian friends are always amazed at how, when a few people die in
the US from weather, it makes huge national news in the US.
Natural disasters in India with anything short of 1000 deaths barely
makes their local news...