On Sunday 21 September 2003 01:40 pm, Trey Sizemore wrote:
> On Sun, 2003-09-21 at 11:29, Trey Sizemore wrote:
> > >
> > > Tom B. had a good script for this " urpmi.update -a -f --wget && urpmi
> > > --wget --no-verify-rpm --auto-select -v "  .  Use a good cooker mirror
> > > for source and it works like a champ.   HTH
> >
> > I used this and it worked pretty well.  However, it seemed to choke
> > toward the end with some conflicts due to some texstar packages I had
> > installed.  Is there a way to force removing or overwriting these
> > packages with those from the Cooker sources I'm now using?
> >
> > Thanks.
>
> The majority of the conflicting packages are KDE related from the
> texstar respository.  Anyway to have urpmi automatically uninstall the
> conflicting packages instead of having to manually uninstall all of
> them?
Ya got me there, I don't think it is possible to do a group unless they are
identified in such a way that you can call " urpme kde.texstar.rpms*  "
since I have not used texstar rpms for some time I can not tell you if they
retain some identifier after install. Somebody jump in here who knows, we
could use a little help here. Heck, I could use a little help everywhere.
:- P
--
Dennis M. linux user #180842