Dennis Myers wrote:
On Saturday 27 September 2003 05:37 pm, Margot wrote:

Dennis Myers wrote:

On Saturday 27 September 2003 02:11 pm, Anne Wilson wrote:

Margot is having a problem.  If you use AC97 on-board sound, will you
please tell us what HardDrake calls your card, and what driver it is
using?  Thanks

Anne

I have AC97 on-board running and it uses snd-via82xx as the driver Mine does not work either except I can play the CD with grip, not xmms. Sorry not much help.

Might be a route worth following - had a look at grip, and at least it recognises the CD and gives me a track listing, which is more than I get from xmms. Still no sound though....

You've told us your driver. What sound card does MCC say you have, and
how did you get it there?

It says my sound card is VIA Technologies VT8233. I did not have to do anything, it was autodetected on install. Have you perchance checked the bios to see if the onboard sound is set to auto and not disabled? Just fumbling in the dark with that, cause I do not recall if you said you had made sure it was turned on. HTH

Nobody has mentioned bios yet...how do I check it, and how do I change it if wrong?