On Sunday 28 Sep 2003 1:15 am, Margot wrote:
> Nobody has mentioned bios yet...how do I check it, and how do I
> change it if wrong?

During boot-up a message appears at the bottom to hit a specific key
to access bios settings.  It is usually Delete, but a few boards use
something different.

There are a number of bioses, so I can't be specific, but you can
navigate through the options, usually with arrow keys.  The part you
are looking for will probably be on a page with a name something like
Peripherals.  If in doubt, take a look at all of them.   Leave alone
anything that is not obvious.  The on-board peripheral settings
section will be obvious.  To change them, the method varies between
boards, but usually entails hitting enter and selecting from a menu.
You then have to return to the main menu and Save and Exit.  On some
boards you can F10 to do this, on others you have to step back with
Esc then navigate to the option.

HTH

Anne
--