Aron Smith wrote:
On Wed, 2003-10-01 at 10:47, HaywireMac wrote:

On Wed, 01 Oct 2003 20:44:53 +0300
robin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> uttered:

"Most" is not a subject; the subject is "most of the websites on the Internet and most of the Internet's structure", which is plural (and would still be plural without the second phrase).

I think he's right, Anne, I worded it poorly :-(

Now I am deeply shamed. I must atone for my grammatical sins by...

How does one atone for grammatical sins?

"Hail Oxford's English Dictionary, full of grace, blessed art thou
among..." Great Weights <g>

And, as a penance, spend the next year reading all the posts on the newsgroup alt.english.usage !