On Friday 03 Oct 2003 6:20 am, rikona wrote:
> Hello HaywireMac,
>
> Wednesday, October 1, 2003, 6:31:39 AM, you wrote:
>
> H> I did my own very small part yesterday, I couldn't convince a
> H> friend to switch to Linux, but I got them to use Mozilla and
> H> Thunderbird instead of the usual virus-spreaders.
>
> I try to get all M$ users to stop using M$ software even if they
> wish to keep running Win. If they don't mind a modest cost, check
> out TheBat for email. It is probably the most secure and private
> client available for Win. It's also a really nice client, too. :-)
> My choice to replace IE is Opera, which is also available for
> linux.
>
> Help stamp out M$ any way we can. If we can get as many M$ users as
> possible started using non-M$ software, it gets them thinking in
> the right direction. Every little bit helps.

For years I have been installing first Netscape, the later Mozilla on
windows machines, and configuring the email setup for my users, so
they are not tempted to use IE.  They are soon comfortable with it,
and if we ever get so far as getting them to see the light they will
have one major application totally familiar :-)

Anne
--
Registered Linux User No.293302