Anne Wilson wrote:

On Wednesday 01 Oct 2003 4:27 pm, robin wrote:

HaywireMac wrote:

On Tue, 30 Sep 2003 17:40:45 -0400

Michael Scottaline <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> uttered:

I'll look forward to seeing your letter. Will you sign it JH or
haywire? ;-) Best,
Mike

*If they print it...* Who knows where it will end up?

Assuming you haven't sent it off, here are a couple of my famous
nit-picks ...

"operating system", *despite* the fact that most of the websites
on the Internet and most of the Internet's structure is built on
Unix, Linux, and other non-Microsoft platforms.

SAhould be "are", not "is".

Beg to disagree. In this sentence 'most' refers to 'the largest part', which is singular.

"Most" is not a subject; the subject is "most of the websites on the Internet and most of the Internet's structure", which is plural (and would still be plural without the second phrase).

Sir Robin

--
"I can say: 'Thank these bees for their honey as though they were kind people who have
prepared it for you'; that is intelligible and describes how I should like you to conduct

Robin Turner
IDMYO
Bilkent Univeritesi
Ankara 06533