On Thu, 2003-10-02 at 20:43, ed tharp wrote:

> this statement makes me wonder,,,
> I have/had a triple boot, winME, Win2k, and MDK9.1. after a few problems
> (me screwing around) hosed first winME and then 2k, and I know I 'can'
> fix them, it just takes time, and reboots, and I don't need to bother
> with those partitions. I wonder how many of 'previous' dual-booters are
> waiting for hell to freeze before they find the time to fix their MS
> partitions.

I've got an XP Pro partition on my server - it's been a year since it's
been booted - two motherboards and some other hardware since that time -
and the thought of even taking the server down aside from it's monthly
dust-out/shutdown - which I try to minimise the downtime - can't seem to
bring myself to even TRYING booting into the XP Pro partition...hate to
think how much shit I'll have to deal with in the first place - finding
all the new hardware - drivers - reboots - and THEN the frigging patches
- yikes...nah...it's a small partition and I'll save it for a really
really rainy day...if ever...

If I want to torture myself enough, I fire up a VM session - and only
for a short while...that's bad enough...

Besides, I'm married. I'm tortured enough as it is without having
Micro$SCOft torture me further...

stephen kuhn - owner
illawarra computer services
a kuhn media australia company