On Thu, 02 Oct 2003 23:11:41 +0300 Anarky <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Björn Olsson wrote:
>
> >On Thu, 02 Oct 2003 19:02:32 +0300  Anarky <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >

> >>       is there any way I could give a command to reboot in windows
> >>directly from a console? Right now to do that I have to logout of
> >the >windowmanager, return to the mandrake login screen and select
> >reboot, >win ... I'd like to be able to give some kind of shell
> >command like >"reboot win" and be the equivalent of that.
> >>    thanks with anticipation
> >>

> >I use "rebootin windows" as root. See man rebootin.
> >

> wow .. thanks ... but there's a problem ... I wanted to be able to
> reboot with a simple fast command from my user .. so I made a script,
> put it in /usr/bin that would do "/usr/sbin/rebootin w2k" ... however
> .. it only works as root, when I run it as my user i get:
>
> "Can't detect your bootloader"
>
>     is there something I need to do ?

I'd like to run it as a normal user as well, but I don't think it's
possible. In the rebootin script there is a variable $bootloader with a
reference to another script, detectloader. In detectloader is a line
that reads "The detectloader must be run as root to work properly."
Maybe someone else can suggest a solution?

Björn