On Thu, 02 Oct 2003 14:08:38 -0500
Kelly McCormick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> uttered:

> Hi, Haywire, thanks for trying, but I'm afraid the short answer is no,
>
> that's not it. I tried it again just to make sure, but it only
> prevents the side buttons from working at all. I believe that protocol
> is for the Intellimouse version rather than the Intellimouse Explorer
> version.

I believe you are correct.

> Thanks for taking a stab at it, apparently nobody is using this mouse?
> Any other ideas are welcome!

I actually do have that same mouse, the one with the side buttons, I've
played with various settings off and on, here and there, but I've never
gotten them to work. 'Course, I didn't know about imwheel before either.

When I start imwheel with X, it messes my scroll-thru-my-desktops
function in my WM, mapped to button 5 and 6. In my XF config, the wheel
is mapped to those, so maybe I'll play with starting imwheel, and
changing the mapping to 6 and 7 and add an xmodmap line to my .xinitrc
and see what happens.

I don't use the forward and back buttons much at all in my browser, so I
guess that's why I've never really bothered much with those extra
buttons, but now that I think of it, they might come in handy for other
things. My mitts are a bit big to access those things easily though...

--
HaywireMac
Registered Linux user #282046