On Sun, 5 Oct 2003 15:26:13 +0100, Daryl Johnson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> How about suggesting that anti-Ms messages are forbidden?  They seem to waste
> a lot of bandwidth wilth posters aiming to prove their linux credentials by
> dissing the alpha male.

Some, perhaps, but I believe there is value in sharing anti-M$ info that
equips users to promote Linux and Mandrake in the flesh-and-blood world.
That requires understanding how M$ programs, deals with other companies,
makes patches, crafts licenses, engages in politics, and so on.

I think there are far simpler ways to cut down on bandwidth:

1) Keep your politics and philosophy to yourself. Everybody hates America.
   We get it. Shut up, already.
2) Resist the urge to contribute responses that are not substantive and add
   relevant info. I know I need to work even harder on this myself.
3) When you respond, cut out the sections of the original post that are
   unnecessary, including multiple blank lines, sigs, and anything
   that doesn't pertain to what you're saying. INMNSHO one should only quote
   enough to give context to what you're saying, and the e-mail/date/etc. of
   the person you're responding to. If somebody snags your message from an
   archive, your response will make perfect sense, and the reader will be
   fully able to contribute something further to either the list or the original
   poster if they so wish.

Miark