--- Original Message ---

>>     It's a damn shame the only DSL connection I can get is SBC-
>> Yahoo.  Yahoo sux, but they handle my mail and I'm stuck with
that.
>I had been meaning to ask you about that SBC DSL connection I
inquired
>at SBC about DSL and when I said Linux ... Well I'm not  gonna ask
>again.

i've been using sbc dsl for 3-4 years now (since before pppoe)
and have never had any trouble other than the infrequent hardware
problems in their network.  i've been using linux with it since
day 1.  i'm not sure what problems tom is having with his and i
don't know what they told you about using linux but it works fine
for me for a long time now.