On Sunday 05 October 2003 08:54 pm, Aaron West wrote:
> So, are you saying that I can't install Windows on the slave drive and Linux
on the master drive?  Sorry for my confusion.

It depends on the version of Windows you are using.  The 9x series (including
ME) want to be on the first primary partition of the first drive in the
system.  This is not exactly true for Win2k and XP, but there are some issues
with non-dos filesystems on partitions lower than the Windows partitions.
Sometimes they are not seen and sometimes they impact drive performance.  I
have experienced both.  If you are going to use the whole 15GB drive for
Windows, and you are using Win2k or XP, then you should be able to do it as
you are proposing.

Most people install windows first, then install Mandrake, which will detect
your windows install and make it a choice on the boot menu.

So in your case, you might want to do something like this.  15GB drive for
Windows as primary master.  80GB drive foe Linux as primary slave.  Optical
CDRW drive as secondary master and dvd/cdrom reader as secondary slave.

Also, please clear the reply-yo in your mail client.  Replies to your messages
are going to you directly instead of to the list.
--
/g

"Outside of a dog, a man's best friend is a book, inside
a dog it's too dark to read" -Groucho Marx