On Saturday 11 October 2003 08:26 am, HaywireMac wrote:
> On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 21:06:21 -0700
>
> Barry Premeaux <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> uttered:
> > I wonder if business will pick up for AMD?
>
> I believe AMD has agreed to incorporate Palladium as well.

Palladium or Trusted Computing is not going to be all that scary in and of
itself.  Both Intel and AMD have announced that they will support it, with
MS's current marketshare, they could hardly do otherwise, but both have also
said that you would be able to shut it off.  Again, the whole point from an
MS point of view is to force the user to make a choice, either MS approved
only products, or everything else.

Personally, I suspect that Palladium will be a boon for Linux and Open-source,
not a threat.
--
Bryan Phinney
Software Test Engineer