On 19-Oct-99 Michael R. Batchelor wrote:
> Try removing the exec so it looks like
>
> "|/usr/bin/procmail"
>
> just in case your sendmail is configured to deny exec.
> That should dump the message directly into procmail's
> standard input. Of course, you need to verify that procmail
> is actually installed in /usr/bin, too.

Thanks; however, that didn't work either.  It produced the same result as the
other lines I tried.  The mail I receive pointing out the failed delivery
includes this:

sh: procmail not available for sendmail programs
554 "|/usr/bin/procmail"... Service unavailable

Procmail is definitely installed and in /usr/bin.  Are there any default
settings (I haven't messed with sendmail's settings at all) that would make
sendmail unable to use procmail?

-Tom