On Thursday 16 Oct 2003 6:14 am, emim limam wrote:
> Hi how could i change the ownership of usr/share
> folders everyone?
> I actually need to copy a folder to share but it
> doesn't accet it because of permission.
> I tried as su from command line but couldn't do it.
> And i don't know how could i login to KDE as root.
> any help appreciated
> thx emin

You could change the permissions of /usr/share but the Mandrake Security
system msec will only change them back again.

/usr/share is a system folder and should be owned by root.
If you want to add a folder to it, then you must do so as root.
An easy way to do that is
K Menu>Applications>FileTools>FileManager(SuperUserMode)

That gives you a konqueror window running as root, and you can screw up your
system to your hearts content with it.

derek

--
www.jennings.homelinux.net